Unclaimed Persons Volunteer Case Guidelines
- We'll create a separate discussion board topic in our Facebook Community for each case, titled with the case number and the name of the deceased. Please post all research findings there and not as comments on the case-related photos or The Wall. This will concentrate the case information in one location and help avoid redundant effort.
- If you'd like to email Unclaimed Persons administrators about a case, please use the email address at email@example.com.
- Please do not post contact details and other private information about living persons, such as likely next of kin, in the public forum. Once you have those details, email them to the Case Administrator.
- Please do not contact the submitting agency directly, unless it's specified in a case that they have requested this. We have found that medical examiners, coroners and investigators prefer this funneled form of communication to responding to numerous volunteers and trying to consolidate incoming from multiple sources. The designated point of contact from the Unclaimed Persons team compiles and submits all information. In this manner, we're able to be helpful without overwhelming the agencies.
- Never contact possible relatives. Instead, provide the information to the relevant Case Administrator or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We highly recommend that you review FAQs - Case Procedures for more details.